Reload this Page >

European Airline Security - Tighter?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:25 PM
atenoslo

We are supposed to fly to London on Sunday, Sept 23. Needless to say there is some apprehension. We are wondering if security on european airlines flying overseas is tighter than domestic. We are flying Virgin Atlantic.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Barbara

We are flying out tomorrow on Virgin Atlantic then on to Ireland. I feel their security is better than ours. We have gone through the Frankfurt airport in times of crisis. Was amazed at the amount of security

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Mika

Yes it is, and now especially for flights to and from the US.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 05:00 PM
Beth Anderson

yes, they searched EACH and every bag, in CDG on the way home. I flew into Canada... <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 09:49 PM
janis

Generally European security has always been better than US. Especially on BA and Virgin because they have the tougher carry-on limitations. <BR> <BR>I'm flying Virgin to LHR on Thursday and have always preferred flying overseas on international carriers instead of on US airlines.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 11:52 PM
ofcourseitis

The US has had awful security, much worse than any in Europe, and we paid the price last Tuesday. You don't put burger flippers w. less than 3 hrs of training in charge of security and expect to be safe. You put the govt in charge of it, as Europe does. Hopefully this, along w. all the other problems w. our security, will now change.

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 04:14 AM
chris

My parents and sister who were visting me in Europe last week-flew Zurich to London and home from Gatwick on Sunday. They reported that the following added security measures were in place on all flights. <BR> <BR>No in-cabin bags allowed (purses okay) <BR>No cell phones allowed to be used in the airports <BR>Were not supposed to open any bags until clearing through security <BR>Multiple security checks <BR>Machine-gun toting soldiers at some airports. <BR>In the US unticketed passengers will no longer be allowed to the gate (this has already been the policy in Europe)