Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Europe Trip Prague, Dubrovnik, Possibly Berlin or Munich and Barcelona or Amsterdam Advise Please?????? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/europe-trip-prague-dubrovnik-possibly-berlin-or-munich-and-barcelona-or-amsterdam-advise-please-964807/)

BrunoTraveling Jan 29th, 2013 08:51 AM

Europe Trip Prague, Dubrovnik, Possibly Berlin or Munich and Barcelona or Amsterdam Advise Please??????

Hi Me and my husband went to Europe last summer and visited Amsterdam, Brussels, Brugge, Paris, and London and we had such best time we took the trains everywhere over 13 days. My absolute fav was Amsterdam so charming and cute and not too big. My husbands favorite was Paris but they all were great we both agree.

We want to go back to Europe next year and we definetly want to go to Prauge and Dubrovnik as they look so charming and wonderful. We are torn on where to go elsewhere. I was thinking of going back to Amsterdam since loved so much and flying from there to Berlin then form berlin train to prague and then fly to dubrovnik and then fly home. Or switching out Amsterdam and putting in Barcelona. All these countries are far from each other so we are thinking fo doing cheap flights around to teh countries over 18 days. Please give me ideas on itinerary and places. Also should go back to amsterdam which i absolutly loved or go to barcelona instead. Also this is going to be in July. ANy other ideas/suggests please share. Also should we do munich over berlin?

Any advise would be helpful just shout out ideas and opinons.

Oh we like some museums, culture, mainly beauty of country, the people, food, nightlife, just nice charming overall experience.

BrunoTraveling Jan 29th, 2013 08:53 AM

BTW thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond to my post.

rialtogrl Jan 31st, 2013 07:29 AM

July will be very hot and very crowded in Dubrovnik - I would save it for another time (hopefully not in summer) when you can visit more of Croatia.

Berlin and Prague would be a nice combination - you can take the train between the two (Munich would work, too.)

bobthenavigator Jan 31st, 2013 09:39 AM

I agree, forget Dubrovnik---too far and hard to access.

Given 18 days, you have the start of a great trip. I would add Cesky Krumlov and Vienna to Berlin and Prague.

dugi_otok Jan 31st, 2013 09:24 PM

Let me test my understanding. You definitely want to go to Dubrovnik and Prague.So I say go.Where else to go? Based on the info you supplied and your comments on your last trip I would recommend the following:

Major(3-4 nights) destinations are Dubrovnik, Salzburg, Prague, and Berlin
Minor (1-2 nights) optional destinations-choose from Zagreb, Ljubljana,Cesky Krumlov

Fly from home into Dubrovnik

Fly Dubrovnik to Zagreb (Croatia Airlines)
-Optional stopover in Zagreb

Train Zagreb to Salzburg
-Optional stopover in Ljubljana

Train Salzburg to Prague
-Optional stopover in Cesky Krumlov

Train Prague to Berlin

Fly home from Berlin.

Use German Railway site DB Bahn for train planning. Choose Britain for country of origin as USA selection may steer you to Rail Europe.

You could sub Munich for Berlin.I like Munich and surroundings better.
You have been to Amsterdam. See others before returning.
Barcelona nice, but not a good representation of Spain.

BrunoTraveling Feb 4th, 2013 12:42 PM

Wow thank everyone for all your wonderful ideas! I have been looking at doing Munich instead of Berlin and possibly adding Cesky Krumlov to the mix. I also saw Salzburg was not far from Munich either. How many days would you suggest for both? Also if you had to pick between Cesky Krumlov and Salzburg which would you pick. Thanks so much again love the suggestions.

dugi_otok Feb 4th, 2013 04:55 PM

A little more info would be helpful:

How many nights did you stay in Amsterdam, in Paris, in Brussels, in Brugge, in London?

<< we definitely want to go to Prague and Dubrovnik >>
Is this still true?

Where are you flying to/from(home)?