Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Europe Trip Cities (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/europe-trip-cities-1667496/)

snowbunny87 May 25th, 2019 10:44 AM

Europe Trip Cities

I am looking to travel to Europe from Toronto on August 16th, returning home on September 1 or 2. I would like to visit Barcelona, Capri, Monaco, Germany for the Nurburgring only for my husband and France. Is this possible in the timeframe available? I am looking for the best starting point for the trip and ending point.

Also, besides Paris, what cities are the best to see in the short time frame available.

Thank you!

PalenQ May 25th, 2019 10:54 AM

Your 4 wish lists are far apart - you would be travelling much of the time - even flying takes a day all told.

Anyway take trains once in Europe if places are close enough together - train info - www.bahn.de/en - all European train schedules - www.seat61.com; BETS-European Rail Experts and www.ricksteves.com.

Paris - ? what else are you interested in - could easily involved Germany and Switzerland. Capri and Barcelona and south of Europe very crowded in July-August.

janisj May 25th, 2019 11:21 AM

>>Your 4 wish lists are far apart<<

More than 4: 2 cities (one a city/state), one island, one race track, and a whole country -- spread over five countries.

You have approx 15 days on the ground. That equals a total of 2 to 2.5 days per country after travel time. The math is easy. The logistics next to impossible. And at a very hot crowded time of year. Even if by 'France' you only mean Paris it is still too much, too far apart, in too little time.

janisj May 25th, 2019 11:30 AM

>> . . . one race track<< that is about 90 minutes from the nearest airport.

J62 May 26th, 2019 03:39 AM

It certainly is a possible itinerary.

From Barcelona to Nice, on EasyJet or Vueling. 1hr 20min, Non-stop, for $75-80
From Nice to Naples (Capri) - EasyJet. 1hr 25min, Non-stop for $42
Naples airport to Capri - Taxi then Ferry, ~2hrs
From Naples to Cologne on TUI, 2hr 10min, Non-stop for $90
Cologne airport to Nurburgring, ~1hr by car.
Nurburgring to Luxemburg ~1.5hr by car.
Luxemburg to Paris, 2hr by fast train.

Only you two can decide if that's going to be an enjoyable trip, but it will certainly let you check off some destinations from your bucket list.

StCirq May 26th, 2019 03:53 AM

Well, yes, it's possible but It sounds like the trip from Hell to me, frankly. Or maybe a joke.

janisj May 26th, 2019 06:15 AM

From Barcelona to Nice, on EasyJet or Vueling. 1hr 20min, Non-stop, for $75-80 Plus time to the airport and easyJet's strict advance check in - so really about 4.5 to 5 hours
From Nice to Naples (Capri) - EasyJet. 1hr 25min, Non-stop for $42 Plus time to the airport and easyJet's strict advance check in - so really about 4.5 to 5 hours
Naples airport to Capri - Taxi then Ferry, ~2hrs
From Naples to Cologne on TUI, 2hr 10min, Non-stop for $90 Plus time to get back to Nice from Capri and advance check in - so really about 6.5 to 7 hours
Cologne airport to Nurburgring, ~1hr by car.
Nurburgring to Luxemburg ~1.5hr by car.
Luxemburg to Paris, 2hr by fast train.

Plus all the packing/un-packing, checking in/out etc.

ahbonvraiment May 27th, 2019 02:30 AM

I agree this must be a joke.
Same asking about visiting cities in Asia. Hong Kong Singapore and India and china. What are the cities there apart from Beijing ?
do some homework. You have clearly no idea about Europe.

angie7911922 Jun 17th, 2019 12:01 AM

My suggestion is to take a few cities and see how you can combine it with travelling by train, so you can save time and cost