Europe Tour for Kids

Search

Europe Tour for Kids

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Europe Tour for Kids

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestion on a Tour company that caters to kids in Europe. I read about Tauck Bridges but haven't heard any feedback regarding their trips. Are there any tour companies other than Tauck that do the Kid trip.... or should we go it alone?? BTW, my daughter is 8, and never been to Europe.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:57 AM

Unless there is a true gem out there that I don't know about, "tour" makes me think about a lot of time spent on buses and I don't think that's a good idea for kids or for you or your fellow passengers.
I'd pick a city or two or three (depending on how much time you have) and do it yourself. There is lots of info available on kid-friendly activies in most cities.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:10 AM

As someone who was forced in and out of tour busses at the age of 8 all through Europe, I have to agree with the previous poster. It was a horrible experience and made me hate travelling for awhile.

For a first-time visit, I would recommend something easy like London and Paris, or London and Rome. London is great for kids because there's no language barrier, and it offers a myriad of activities and sights that will certainly entertain them ( Tower of London,London Eye, Big Ben, Madame Tussauds, theatre like Mama Mia and My Fair Lady, etc.etc.)

Fodors actually has a series of books on cities that we found helpful in planning trips with our kids, which are titled, "LONDON WITH KIDS", "PARIS WITH KIDS", ROME WITH KIDS". I would decide where you want to go, and look through these for ideas. They were really excellent.

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 05:15 PM

I have not gone on any tours with children yet but am looking forward to it as soon as my child is old enough. I understand what the other posters are saying but the travel industry now caters much more to families than it did years ago. They have activities specifically designed for kids that take into consideration their short attention span.

If you do go, please post a travel log so the rest of us can check it out.
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 05:56 PM

Tauck is an excellent company. I never used them ( or any other tour company, by the way), but I've heard of many who did, and were quite happy. They keep the groups small, yje hotels are all excellent, within walking distance of the touristic sites, differently from other companies that book hotels in remote areas, for the sake of parking their busses. You're given the option of dining on your own, at the place of your choice, being the meal included in the price you paid.

Also, the itineraries are well planned, meaning they spare you from very long bus rides, or too short stops.

If Taick does a tour that caters to kids, I'd undoubtedly choose Tauck over any other tour company.