I'm a college senior hoping to do some travel in my breaks before going off to a cubicle.
the plan is too see Europe via backpacking, hostels, and Eurorail.
A sample itinerary is below. I'd greatly appreciate any insights.
14-17 Dec. - Spain - Barcelona
18-20 Dec. - France - Paris
21-22 Dec. - Monaco or Nice, France
23-25 Dec. - Italy - Rome
(that's 12 days)
26–28 Dec. . Italy Venice
29-30 Dec. Croatia Dubrovnik
31 Dec. – 4 Jan. Greece Athens
My concerns are
This is my first backpacking trip. Perhaps I should end the trip around 10 or 12 days (maybe in France or Rome).
Maybe some other time in my life I can do the rest of Italy, Greece etc.
(B) season - I have three chances to travel
Winter Break (12/13-1/7)
Spring Break (3/8 - 3/23)
and summer (5/20 - 6/15)
Winter has advantages (I have a longer break, Rome at Christmas). My main problem with winter is I might have waited too long for cheap rates and to plan as thoroughly as I should
(C) Cost (cheap as possible)
Thank you for any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 2 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 3 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 4 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 Rome Hotel
- 7 Trains - website?
- 8 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 9 Moscow Hotels
- 10 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 11 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 12 Easter Week in Italy
- 13 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 16 Spain in 2018
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 19 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 20 Christmas week in Ireland
- 21 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 22 Which Aran Island??
- 23 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 24 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 25 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona