Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

europe myth #4... the coast from cote d'azur up to genoa (geneve or genova) is the most beautiful in the world

Search

europe myth #4... the coast from cote d'azur up to genoa (geneve or genova) is the most beautiful in the world

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:24 AM
jack

well this is a rtue statement if you like skimming stones, wearing shoes into the sea and perving on topless 90 year old women.<BR><BR>but since i only like skimming stones from that list I must say that i enjoyed the area (hated genova) but Australia has much better coastal regions.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Mari

Jack, I never heard that the Cote d'Azur was the most beautiful coast in the world... I thought it was said of the Amalfi coast. Having been to both (and the Italian Riviera) during the past two summers, I must say the Amalfi coast is much more breathtaking in its beauty...maybe not the most beautiful coastal area in the world - haven't seen all there is to see yet, but it is certainly spectacular.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Andre

Jack,<BR><BR>- Geneve is the French name for GENEVA, Switzerland, not Genoa! Genoa is called G&Ecirc;NES in French (pronounced jen).<BR><BR>- While I haven't made it to Australia yet, I found that the Cote d'Azur had lots to offer in terms of culture, great food and beautiful landscapes (especially if you include the hinterland). If you're looking for nice beaches, this is definitely not the place however...<BR><BR>Andre

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:57 PM
rar

genoa = genova

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 01:43 PM
mel

The most beautiful coatline is the western coast - fjords - in Norway - breathtaking!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 03:35 PM
xxx

<BR><BR>What made you think that bit of coast was supposed to be "the most beautiful in the world" in the first place?<BR><BR>I've never heard or read it called that.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Logician

Jack seems to be a master of the straw man fallacy. You know, you exaggerate a position, then attack it to discredit its proponent. He knows more than everybody else, because everybody else thinks the Italian Riviera is the most beautiful coast, one country has the most beautiful women, and all of the fastest drivers are Germans. Too bad that nobody actually propounds these myths that he's so bravely debunks.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Logician

Typo in my last line. Should have said "he so bravely debunks."<BR><BR>

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:36 PM
xxx

I think even more revealing is his total lack of geographical knowledge. How does up go "up to Genoa" on the Cote d'azur?

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 11:34 PM
jack

you guys are good