As a teacher in Australia, my long break is in Dec / Jan.... so I have the opportunity to travel for 4-5 weeks at this time of the year. We just love Europe and so want to see more, but haven't travelled in winter time before. We have been to Switzerland, London, Berlin, Prague, Paris , Italy - but not experienced them in Winter.
We are after some ideas / advice regarding:
Pros / cons to travelling in the Europe in winter
Things to be wary of
We are into photography, history, walking - not so much skiing - so any recommendations on where to go.
A similar post appears in the USA thread as we are trying to decide between the 2!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation renewal CONTACT NORTON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 NORTON @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation renewal CONTACT NORTON Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 Tips for first trip to UK
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 8 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 9 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 12 London vacation rental agency
- 13 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 land vs river cruise
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 19 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 Trans Siberian Train
- 22 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 23 South of France
- 24 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 25 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide