I have a month off of work and am seriously considering traveling to Europe with my daughter, who will be 8. My husband is unable to travel with us due to work, so it will just be my daughter and I.
We can travel any time between the beginning of June and mid-August (summer break), but I am leaning toward the month of June. Some of the places I have always wanted to visit are Paris, the south of France, Venice, Rome, and Greece, especially the islands. I am a total foodie. My idea of a good vacation is doing and seeing, not lying on the beach for days on end or staying within the walls of an all-inclusive resort. I love hiking, exploring, and seeing how the locals live. I would rather see a breathtaking landscape or charming little village than visit an art or history museum, but I wouldn't go all the way to Europe and pass over the must-sees. My daughter is a trooper, but she is only 8, so that limits our activities to some degree.
Keeping all of that in mind, I have a number of questions.
1. Does the above (very tentative) itinerary seem doable in one month?
2. Are all of those locations safe for a woman and child traveling alone?
3. Do we have time to add an additional country to our itinerary? If so, any suggestions?
4. What activities would you recommend?
5. Any tips for traveling between these locales?
5. Any additional thoughts, suggestions, or travel advice?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 beware of robbed in Milan
- 9 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 10 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler