I have some time off I need to take in December and am thinking about traveling to Europe for about 10 days. I am in my mid-20s and on a budget and therefore will be staying in hostels for the most part. I am having a hard time figuring out where to go that will have most sights open. I am interested in architecture and history mostly so I enjoy taking tours/going to museums. I have traveled around Europe on a few trips with my family. Ive traveled to the "bigger cities" on bus tours (London, Paris, Lucerne, Rome, Florence, Venice, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Munich, Venice) and toured Greece, Ireland, Belgium, and the Netherlands extensively. Places I considered were northern Italy, Spain, southern France, and England (since Ive only been to London) but wasn't sure if most things would still be open. I am definitely open to suggestions. In addition, I don't speak any other languages besides English unfortunately so I will need to travel to a place where I can get by only speaking one language. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid