I will be travelling europe next summer with two of my friends. I am wondering if this itinerary looks okay.
Rome 3 days, 2 nights
3 late evening train to Florence (1.5 hours)
Florence 2.5 days, 3 nights
5 Pisa or Sienna
6 afternoon train (at around 12) to Venice (3 hours)
Venice 1.5 days, 2 nights
6 half day
8 travel to Salzburg (6 hours) (i.e. 9-3)
Salzburg 2.5 days, 3 nights
8 half day
9 go to hallstatt
11 early train to Vienna (9-12), spend day there,evening train (7-10) to Budapest or go to Mauthausen and then straight to Budapest
Budapest 3 days, 3 nights
14 overnight train (9pm-6:15am)
Munich 1.5 days, 1 night
15 tour city plus castles
16 Dachau camp, train to Freiburg (4.5 hours)
Freiburg 2 days, 2 nights
18 evening (1 hour)
Basel 1.5 days, 2 nights
20 afternoon train (3.5 hours)
Paris 3.25 days, 3 nights
22 Versailles (30 minutes)
23 night train
French Riviera 2.75 days, 2 nights
26 night train or flight
Seville 3 days, 3 nights
Beaches around Mallorca, or possibly Grenada
We are going to Freiburg and Basel because we have friends there, and Munich only because it is close to the castles near Fussen. We are interested in going to some type of concentration camp and were thinking of either Dachau or Mauthausen. Thoughts??
Another thing to note: we were originally planning on staying in Vienna for a few nights but I am worried that we would only end up rushing plus we already have quite a few big cities already.
If i could get some feedback on this plan, it would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1~800~570:1233 installations Contact LEXMARK Techh care.
- 2 LEXMARK PRINTER 1~800~570:1233 installations Contact LEXMARK Techh care.
- 3 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
- 4 beware of robbed in Milan
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Which Area in London?
- 7 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 8 Barcelona - Rome Viking Ocean Cruise
- 9 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 What did your teenagers love the most of their Italy trip?
- 12 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 13 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 16 Current plan for March trip
- 17 First time in Spain
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 22 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 23 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 24 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 25 Dublin for St. Patricks Day