Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Europa here I come !!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/europa-here-i-come-359750/)

JandaO Sep 19th, 2003 07:24 AM

Europa here I come !!!

I leave tomorrow morning for my 3 week vacation to Amsterdam, Venice, Florence and Rome. This site has been invaluable in helping me plan my trip. Thank you to everyone that answered all my questions and helped me sort out so many details. I will happily post a trip report upon my return.

QueenMab Sep 19th, 2003 07:45 AM

Have a wonderful and safe trip, Janda! Look forward to the trip report. :)

Statia Sep 19th, 2003 07:46 AM

Have a fabulous trip, JandaO! I know how much you've been looking forward to it. Looking forward to hearing all the details when you return!

swalter518 Sep 19th, 2003 08:03 AM

Alright, enough already with you people leaving this weekend! :) Have a great trip, perhaps our paths will cross in Italia! (I have a week and a half to try to pretend I'm interested in my job. This is killing me!)

JandaO Sep 19th, 2003 10:02 AM

Thanks everyone:)
swalter518, what are your cities and dates?

m_kingdom Sep 19th, 2003 10:10 AM

Europa? Used to be a small supermarket chain in the UK.

JandaO Sep 19th, 2003 10:14 AM

No it is Europe :)

kismetchimera Sep 19th, 2003 11:52 AM

Buon Viaggio JandaO.. You lucky Girl!!:)
By the way where are you going to meet travelerGina in Rome? Have you found a meeting place yet? Please trow a coin in Trevi for me...
Ciao,
kismet

JandaO Sep 19th, 2003 12:09 PM

hi kismet,
thanks for your well wishes and yes I will throw a coin in the Trevi for you.
I am meeting Gina at the Trevi and we will wander around till we see something we like :)

Beatchick Sep 19th, 2003 12:33 PM

Janda, I envy you your fabulous 3 whole weeks in Europe!!!! Wow ~ have tons o' fun!! Ciao, bella.

TravelerGina Sep 19th, 2003 12:48 PM

Janda: How will you sleep tonight?!! Too much excitement! Have a great time in Venice and Florence; we'll see you in Rome on the 8th (I still have 11 days :'( )

Gina

kismetchimera Sep 19th, 2003 12:59 PM

Great idea Janda!! I am renting the movie" 3Coins in the Fountain for my daughter..she just adores Rome and wants to go back already..., we had a wonderful time there this past June..
Who know janda, you may meet a charming Prince at the fountain!

JandaO Sep 19th, 2003 02:27 PM

Gina,
I can barley eat or sleep. I hope your eight days goes by really fast. Cant wait to meet up with you in Roma.

Kismet,
I know I will love my time in Rome as you did. I am on the lookout for a hunk a hunk of burnin love, Italian style.

capo Sep 19th, 2003 04:23 PM

I'm going to warn Europe! :)

Have a wonderful trip, Janda! I'm very happy for you, returning to Venice. May you find it every bit as enchanting as on your previous visit(s).

capo Sep 26th, 2003 03:51 PM

Just got an email from Janda. She's now in Venice and "in heaven" (I can understand that!), and said that her time in Amsterdam was "perfect."

Statia Sep 26th, 2003 03:58 PM

Thanks for the update, Capo. Oh, how I long to be back in Venezia myself. I'm sure she's having a wonderful time.

capo Oct 1st, 2003 08:12 AM

Another brief email from Janda today. She said "leaving Venice was so painful, but on to Michelangelo" (in Florence) and that all is well and she's fine.

capo Oct 6th, 2003 08:19 AM

Another brief email from Janda today; She's now in Rome. (I recall very well that feeling of falling in love with Rome on my first visit a few years ago.)

"This place is very beautiful and I am falling in love with it. Fountains and statues everywhere."

kismetchimera Oct 6th, 2003 09:16 AM

Thanks for keeping us informed about LUCKY JandaO travel's adventure!!!I sure miss Rome Also!!
Ciao,

capo Oct 8th, 2003 12:55 PM

Before Janda left, I told her she <i>had</i> to meet Prospero, a very funny and engaging elderly guy who sells little kitchen gadgets (vegetable peelers, etc.) in a
booth in Campo di Fiori. He was one of the most charming characters we had met on our Italy trip a year and a half ago.

I just got this brief email from her today...

&quot;hi, i found your old man and took his picture and bought a peeler from him. he is a treasure !!&quot;