Europa and Regina-$222

Jun 29th, 2001, 04:20 PM
Cindy

Europa and Regina-$222

I just booked a room at the Westin Europa and Regina for $222/night (breakfast not included). We also have reservations at Georgione for $163/night (breakfast included). The trip is early August. That seems like a good deal for the Westin - do you agree? Is it a good deal for a splurge?
Or shall I stick with the Georgione? Does anyone know if they have complimentary coffee for guests at the Westin?

Jun 29th, 2001, 04:46 PM
JxF

Cindy:

Didn't say, but ASSUMING this is Venice? If so, jump all over that $222 price for Europa & Regina. There's an active thread in which folks discussing which hotels in Venice are worth the splurge; and 'usual' price for E&R runs closer to $500/$600.

If it ain't Venice, then never mind commentary . . .

Jun 29th, 2001, 04:52 PM
kam

Absolultely take the Europa and don't look back! It's our favorite in Venice, all things considered.

Jun 29th, 2001, 09:13 PM
Gary

Cannot believe you got that kind of price. We were there 2 years ago and paid, I believe, well over $300 per night. A wonderful hotel - splurge!

Jun 30th, 2001, 05:20 AM
wendy

befor you go, jpoin the Starwwods club for frequent traveller. It is free, They give you automatic upgrades when you check-in , if they are available sometimes. We stayed there last summer. No free coffee.

Jun 30th, 2001, 06:20 AM
dj

cindy,

Nobody asked but I will, I'm going to Venice in late September, how did you snag such a wonderful deal. If I could manage it I'd switch hotels. Thanks.

Jun 30th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Cindy

I saw it on Expedia.com and then called the 800 number and said that I was a Starwood member. The price got even cheaper if I said there was one adult and one child in the room - down to around $160. I think I shall add another day on the visit to Venice and take another night, thanks to all your posts. If anyone knows of ways to get last minute deals, please let me know. Our trip is in late July, early August.

Jun 30th, 2001, 06:05 PM
John

Cindy: Are you sure that it's $222 and not 222 Euros? I would re-check that price sounds fishy.

Jun 30th, 2001, 10:59 PM
gooddeal

It's even BETTER if it's Euros!! Euros are worth less than US dollars!

Jul 1st, 2001, 07:04 AM
Cindy

In Euros, the price is 253.00 a night - so my dollar price is fluctuating.

Jul 1st, 2001, 11:43 AM
Shelly

Wendy or anyone who knows,

How do you become a Starwoods member? I am staying at the Hotel Rialto in September for around $260/night for a junior suite with canal view but this sounds like a really good deal. On expedia right now the lowest price for this time is $560 for the Westin. Thanks for your help.

Jul 1st, 2001, 09:41 PM
carol

I am a travel agent and that is the correct rate for the Europa and Regina. The Westin hotel chain has a summer promotion and it just started a few weeks ago. I have clients staying in July and when I checked for them in May the rate was definitely not that low. I checked just last week and saw that great rate and grabbed it. The promo just started a few weeks ago.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 10:25 AM
Cindy

Carol - Are you aware of any similar promos in Rome or Paris? We are heading out in three weeks.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 10:53 AM
elaine

I've been posting on the other thread as well.
I'm a starwood member. I've looked at Expedia, and I've contacted Westin directly by phone and on line, and I still can't get anything even close to that rate. What's the secret?

Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:42 PM
Cindy

Perhaps that I am going August2,3,4 and 5?

Jul 2nd, 2001, 05:41 PM
carol

Hi Cindy-
It may be sold out for the dates that you want. If you call Westin hotels, ask for the summer promotion.