Matters of State...
1- In 1957, six countries signed the Treaty of Rome, which extended the earlier co-operation within the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and created the European Economic Community (EEC), establishing a customs union.>
What were these six countries who created what evolved into today's EU?
2- Name as many European kings or queens - with actual first names - that you can?
3- Of all moarchs who is the 2nd longest reigning after Q E II?
4- Who is the most recently ascended European king or queen? (Popes not included)
5- Name at least five political heads of state - not heads of state on paper but those who actually are top politifcal dog in their country (like Obama is here)?
6- Who is the longest serving in consecutive years of any EU government head - again not kings or queens but people like David Cameron - heads of the government.
7- Who is (or was) Georges Marchais?
8- The Schengen Accords were named after this town - why was it symbolically chosen and where is it?
9- The Netherlands is often said to have two capitals - but really only one - why the confusion and where is the effective governmental capital and why is the other city also at times eroneously considered to be the capaital?
10 - France's Marie Le Pen has a famous father - who is he and why is he famous? And why is he often called half blind?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 2 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Airport Transfer
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
Matters of State...