Ah the EU once again under fire for some seemingly idiotic ruling they had passes but after the fire storm of criticism it elicted now rescinded.
It's all about olive oil and its integrity - the new rule would have banned the serving of olive oil in cruets or dipping bowls but instead require it to be served only in the original bottle with a screw top on it - this to make sure the olive oil restaurant customers are eating comes from certified EU producers and not some cheaper substitute.
Britain of course was the loudest complainer with even David Cameron saying about the rule "it should not even be on the table" - 'immediately apologizing for the wordplay.'
Ah the EU economies are tanking and this is what they are worried about?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 2 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Airport Transfer
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Greece -- Alternative to Athens