I am planning a 10 day family trip to Turkey beginning of May 2013 (kids 12, 14 and 16 by then) with the following outline:
3 nights in Istanbul (2 full days of sight-seeing)
4 nights in Cappadocia (3 full days of hiking and sight-seeing)
3 nights on Turquoise coast OR 3 nights (2 full days) to explore Ephesus and Pamukkale
We will be flying to Turkey from Paris, probably with Pegasus (only low cost I have found to/from Paris). We will try to fly into one city and out of another to save time and money.
I had initially planned Istanbul – Cappadocia – Izmir, but I am starting to ask myself if we should skip Ephesus in favor of the Turquoise coast?
Do you have any suggestions on how to put together the logistics of going from Cappadocia to the coast, and what town would be nice for a family stay (not too invaded by tourists)?
We like active vacations with lots of outdoors, historical or natural sights, not too much big city (hence two days only in Istanbul) and are also looking for a good mix to get a general feel for the country.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 South of France
- 5 Tips for first trip to UK
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 My France Vacation
- 15 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 16 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 17 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 18 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 19 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 20 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 23 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 24 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 25 Poland--where else to go