I arrived in Ireland 30 August for the start of a study semester.
I am a US citisen, studying in the UK (with a UK study visa) who is on an exchange semester in Ireland.
When I arrived in Dublin, the immigration officer asked me how long I would be there,
I told her I will leave at the end of my semester in 30 Nov.
She then stamped my passport showing that I have permission to remain in Ireland until 30 November.
I had expected to need to register at the GNIB, but after seeing the stamp gives me permission to remain until the end of my semester, I think the immigration officer gave me a pass on that whole process.
Here's my question...I am taking two trips during my semester. One to the US and one to the UK.
Will my leaving and entering back into Ireland twice be a problem even though I haven't registered at the GNIB? I tried to ask this of the immigration office, and she seemed to say yes, but I'm not sure she understood my question in that I'm traveling from and to Ireland at the end of October and soon after in early November before leaving 'permanently' on 30 November.
What do you think? Would you expect me to have any problems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 3 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Driving
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 13 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour