Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Entertainment Book hotel discounts in Europe.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 11:27 PM
Jen

I am planning 2 trips, one for me to Italy and one for my boyfriend to Hawaii. (We are both doing these vacations, but Hawaii is a compromise to get him to Europe with me) <BR> <BR>ANYWAY... <BR>I was looking on the Fodors USA / Hawaii forum... there is much talk of the Entertainment Book and the 50% off hotels offered through them. I grabbed the book and noticed many (mostly 4-star) European hotels offered too. <BR> <BR>My question is has anybody used the Entertainment Book for discounted hotels in Europe? If so has it been worth it? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Jen

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 03:46 AM
MAira

I used it to stay at the Sheraton hotels in Munich, Rome, and in Padua (Padova). Definitely worth it. Rooms available under the special offer are limited, so you need to call ahead of time, bring the entertainment card with you and have them fax you a confirmation. The Sheraraton-Roma is not really centric, it was more business crowd oriented, but it was a fabulous hotel with complementary van service (drop off at main sights and Pick-up). The breakfast was included and it was fantastic. Good parking facilities. Hope this helps.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:24 AM
topper

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 08:15 AM
traveling

I used my entertainment book also at a Sheraton in Edinburgh Scotland. The room was half price, so I was pleased...

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 08:44 AM
John

We used it for a stay at the St. James Court in Buckingham Gate, London. Nicest hotel rooms we've ever had in London, period. (Later, noticed that's where they filmed part of "Enchanted April," so there.) <BR> <BR>Bear in mind the deal is half off the rack rate, which is usually a lot higher than advance booking rates which hotels can provide over the phone or internet. Still, if you do the math the book can be a real value, and can let you stay fairly affordably in hotels you otherwise would never consider.