I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT EPSON Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 4 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 7 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 8 Driving
- 9 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 17 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 20 Poland--where else to go
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 5 days in Andalusia
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 South of France
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna