England or France, Loaf or Dance?

Sep 18th, 2000, 02:20 PM
julie

England or France, Loaf or Dance?

We (4 of us) are going to Britain in November. We have been all over Europe, so for us it will be a re-visit, no matter what we do, but for our friends, it is a total new experience, and they, therfore are leaving the planning up to us. We plan to spend 10 days, see London for 6, then we have 4-5 left. Shall we plan a short tour of Cornwall, for example, or dash to France, (Paris)_ thru the Chunnel? What seems the most interesting to new travelers? Help.

Sep 19th, 2000, 05:01 AM
Bob

With the short amount of time left I would keep it simple and stay in England. Cornwall is great but it is a FULL days drive from London. I would look into the Kent area or head to Bath and then into the Cotswolds.

Sep 19th, 2000, 03:25 PM
Kris

I've never been to Cornwall and I'm not sure what the weather is like in November, it just seems to me that the countryside is better enjoyed in more temperate months. That being said, I would opt for the London/Paris combo. Certainly with only 5-6 days in each you're not going to be able to do/see everything. But it'll give your friends a nice taste of each city, with the added bonus of having experienced travelers with them. London to Paris is a quick 3 hour journey on the Eurostar and Paris is a wonderful city regardless of what the weather does to you, plenty of things to do indoors.

Search this Thread