Thanks for all the help fodorites.
I am taking this 7 week trip this summer with my two boys and I only have one last bit to plane.
The way our many flights worked out we arrive at Heathrow and have 4 days before we leave for
our journay onward.
Origanlly It was my plan to spend the few days in London although I have been several times my kids have not... but since planning the rest of our trip I have had some time to think and I am now not so set on London. I guess since I live in New York City another big city doesnt thrill me so I was thinking that we can drive or train out of London for the 4 days.
Last summer we took an amazing 8 week England Scotland trip that I would redo in a heartbeat, it was that good.... but we did see many sites ... so the Cotswolds, Oxford, Bath, York, Lincoln or Stamford are not a choice here. I mention these beacuse they seem to be the most popular for a weekend visit. We did not go south of London at all or towards Cornwall or east Norwalk etc... and we did miss Derbyshire.. There are tons of places you cant get to but I am speaking of major regions I was interested in going to.
What we love is open space green pastures or coast.. I love a good Heritage house and Garden...
we all love beautiful market towns... We would like to be in an area that would fill the 4 days with
things to see.
So any idea and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sleep at Heathrow
- 2 Arezzo - how much time?
- 3 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Keukenhaf
- 9 Netherlands- Texel
- 10 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 11 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 12 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 13 9 day trip to France
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 16 England
- 17 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 18 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 19 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 20 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 21 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 2 week May trip with kids
- 24 Which Aran Island??
- 25 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond