Empire Palace Hotel Rome

Search

Empire Palace Hotel Rome

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Empire Palace Hotel Rome

After much searching I found this 4 star hotel on expedia for a great rate (around $240). Has anyone stayed at the empire palace hotel? What as your experience been? How is the location? Reviews seem mostly good on tripadvisor. I am going in January and would like to be able to walk to the main tourist places. Thanks so much!

http://www.hotelempirepalacerome.com/
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM

I haven't stayed there, however the location is a little far out for walking distance "to the main tourist places". If you go to the hotels own web site which you posted, and click on location, move the arrows south 2 clicks, and west two clicks - that's more where you want to be. The red teardrops on the map show those tourist places.

The above map is a Google map. Go to the main Google webpage, and click on maps; input "Empire Hotel Rome Italy" then click on Satellite, and zoom in a few clicks. The satellite photos will give you a much better idea of the distances you'd have to walk when you see the blocks layed out photographically.

Also, the hotel's own website promises the best rate on the web. I would e-mail them reciting the Expedia price, and ask them to beat it.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM

I should have said on Google maps search for "Empire Palace Hotel Rome Italy" - forgot the word palace.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 10:06 AM

Oops again, you can directly get the satellite picture from the hotel website map.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Don't know anything about the hotel itself but the location isn't too great if you want to walk around the main sights. Many people on this board think the Via Veneto area is too far. I don't, but this hotel is even further than the Via Veneto and in an area that has almost zero nightlife.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 03:08 PM

rr229, NO NO NO Don't let anyone discourge you from this hotel.

I stayed there with my family of 8 for 12 nights 2 years ago and it was one of the best hotels in rome.

It is in an excellent location. Off the main drag but within walking distance to many of the sights. We did cab and metro 2 times to the vatican. The train station is 10 minute walk and you can catch any bus or train there. And it's a great place to shop. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, butcher, bakery, fruit market, gourmet food and wine shop. The breakfast at the Hotel was the best I've had in Italy and europe for that matter. And the staff at the Hotel are wonderful. I could go on and on. Please check my rome trip here on Fodors. It's under my old alias THERESA10, titled Rome, I loved it. It has many details about this hotel. and 240. is an excellent rate. Via Vento is a fab place to shop and people watch. The American Embassy is right around the corner. So many great places within walking distance. On Saturday's there was an open market set up around the corner that had some fantastic deals on clothing, fruit and all sorts of stuff.

BTW, when I made transportion plans with Romecabs, the driver stefano made the comment "it's a lovely hotel which used to be a private home" and it was all that and then some. The Hotel and I have exchanged Christmas cards as well.

If I can help with anything else regarding the Empire palace hotel please let me know. The hotel is also a SLH )small luxury hotel, you can check out the website too. SHL.com

Theresa in Detroit.