We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 HP Printer 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care
- 3 Trans Siberian Train
- 4 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 Malaga Christmas lights
- 7 Real Estate in Andalucia
- 8 GTG Paris December 2017
- 9 10 days in europe
- 10 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 11 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 16 Greece during Easter week or August
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 19 The World's Greatest Churches
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 My France Vacation
- 25 Paris November 2017