We are 2 Adults and 2 kids (9 yrs and 4.5 yrs old) going for the first time to Austria and Italy. We are in Vienna for 3 nights followed by 3 days in Salzburg and plan to leave Salzburg on 3rd evening for Rome.
Need your help and advise in planning a train journey from Salzburg to Rome, so as to reach Rome in the morning (Spend the night in the train)
THere is a train EC117 from Salzburg to Klagenfurt (what does Hbf mean?) and connecting train from Klagenfurt to Rome as EN 1035.
Option 1: I buy a ticket from Salzburg to Rome with the above transfer at Klagenfurt
Option 2: We use Einfach-Raus-Ticket from Salzburg to Klagenfurt and book tkt from Klagenfurt to Rome. Is it possible as this way I can save some money. Can we use Einfach-Raus-Ticket for travel on EC117. or should we buy a ticket from Salzburg-Klagenfurt and another ticket from Klagenfurt to Rome OR 1 ticket from Salzburg to Rome.
Else pl advise other best and ost economical way to reach Rome on 4th morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 8 Help with Venice Trip?
- 9 Dubrovnik
- 10 Norte Dame light show!
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 13 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 14 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 10 Days in Austria
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Greece in end October
- 20 Champagne Tours
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 23 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Le Marche Research Help