Edinburgh West End Apartment Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at these self-catered units? They seem reasonably priced and central in Edi. Any info would be appreciated. They are located at 2 Learmonth Terrace .Thanks!

Julie
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

topping
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 04:16 AM

Haven't stayed there, but I know the buildings as they are about 5 doors away from my house! It's about 5 - 10 minutes walk from Princes Street and the castle, and the tour buses which circle Edinburgh stop at the bus stops on Queensferry Road (the main road running alongside Learmonth Terrace.) These take you to the Botanic Gardens at Inverleith, the Royal Yacht Britannia at Leith, as well as the other main sights like the Royal Mile.

Having looked through the windows a few times to see what they are like, the rooms look fairly large (as is usually the case in these type of flats) with high ceilings, and I think the ground floor apartment has a fire in the living room. They do look pretty good, though.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the information! The pictures and info on their web site seems to be nice and pretty centrally located.

Regards,

Julie
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 02:50 PM

Well, this is a wonderful find. Thank you so much jarmnm and keith for the info. We are looking for a central and west or south west stay. I hadn't thought there would be a self catered rental.
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Danna, we just got back from a stay in Edinburgh in a flat not far from the one mentioned here. It is on Orchard Brae Avenue and has 4 stars on the various sites on which it is listed. It was very nice, very clean, warm and comfortable and the owner is great!

http://www.aboutscotland.com/edin/orchardbrae.html
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

We are meeting our daughter and fiance' in Edi for their wedding so we were looking for a little more space to move around in, but stay within our budget, this seemed to fit the bill. We're celebrating our 20th and they are starting there...kind of a neat week to spend there.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 01:56 AM

Just read some of your earlier posts - did your daughter have any luck finding a church?
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

She is working with a wedding coordinator in Edi and is still looking as far as I last heard. I forwarded on the info that you sent to her and she was really excited about that location. When you hear a loud YEE HAW coming from down south you'll know she FINALLY made up her mind...Grins the joys of weddings!