anyone been? Following from my thread on wedding I'll be going to in Scotland, we've ended up booking 3 nights in Edinburgh. Now this all clashes with Edinburgh festival, Edinburgh fringe, and Edinburgh tattoo and I'm lost for choice...one night will be at the wedding of course, but that leaves us two in Edinburgh...
thinking of the tattoo but has anyone been? We aren't particularly military so would we get bored or is there a lot more to it than bands and formation marching...also, if it is wet and cold do you have to just sit out and suffer (OH is a wimp and would simply not enjoy the event if it is), can you use umbrellas etc?
The only seats left are right at the end of the arena near the entrance - do you still get a good enough view or just see everyone's backs most of the time? They are quite pricey for us so it needs to be worthwhile, a real 'wow' event.
Would you recommend or not? Any other ideas for 'can't miss' this year in 2012 (dates 2nd and 3rd Aug).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 ICELAND in February
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 10 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 11 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 12 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 10 days in Portugal
- 16 My France Vacation
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 22 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 23 Driving
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg