Edinburgh hotel Recs or Priceline?

Oct 23rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

Edinburgh hotel Recs or Priceline?

I will be arriving in Edinburgh on Thurs, Nov 9th, staying 3 nights, until Sunday Nov 12. I just got a 4 star hotel on priceline for London for 90 USD (100 USD with tax).

I was hoping to get something nice in Edinburgh for around 100 USD. Has anyone had any experience with Priceline? It would appear that I would bid for 5* in EDI, since some people complained about the 4*'s on biddingfortravel.com

Any hotel recommendations in this range would be appreciated. Thanks.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 09:01 PM

There is very little PL activity for Edinburgh. Nothing like in London - which is one of the best cities for scoring on PL.

Go ahead an bid - but don't overly count on getting a place, and have a back up booking just in case.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 10:40 PM

The Priceline zone for Edinburgh is rather large. Maybe there aren't any 5* hotels on the edges of the zone, but I'd carefully investigate that first. The hotel lists at BiddingforTravel.com or at BetterBidding.com are not sufficient, because there could easily be hotels that Priceline offers that aren't listed.

I'd start by looking at the best acceptable deal without using Priceline first. When I was in Edinburgh, I thought that if I were to splurge, that I would want to stay in the perfectly-located Radisson SAS. I checked out the public areas, and it looks great.
Oct 24th, 2006, 03:49 AM

Whilst the Radisson SAS is a good hotel, if you want to splurge you go to the Balmoral

Search this Thread