Notices

Edinburgh Hotel one night

Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Edinburgh Hotel one night

We have already booked a place to stay on the front end of our Scotland trip in June/July 2014 (11 Nelson Street for a great rate and two rooms) for 5 nights. We need a hotel for the last night of our journey. We will be arriving from Oban and leaving the next day for the States. Flight is not yet booked.
We are a group of 3 (me, DH and my sweet mother). I was looking at The Scotsman hotel and I seem to remember some of you recommending this hotel. We would like a nice place to stay our last day and night in Scotland. We do not mind sharing a room but I would love it if I could find 2 beds and not a cot for sweet mother. We are probably looking at 300-400usd as the max. Any advice is appreciated. I have planned our entire trip based on trip reviews and advice I have gotten here. You all are the best!
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

I should say that this would be July 7th for one night - 2014
Sep 2nd, 2013, 03:31 PM

I just stayed for 2 one night stays this past June. I booked a Saturday night at the Fraser Suites which I found to be fantastic. I booked two rooms, as there were 4 of us. I got a room looking out to Scott Monument, the other room was toward Edinburgh Castle but you couldn't see it from the room. My room was also a little bit bigger and the beds were pushed together. The other room had the rooms further apart. Then we had 2 rooms for one night, a Tuesday night at the Scotman. While it certainly is a 5 star hotel it did feel a little old. Yeah, I know. What else was I expecting. The room from the 9th floor actually had a better view than my 13th floor room but the 13th floor room seemed bigger. Both where very nice and I got great rates through Expedia and Priceline and both were in your budget. If you do go for 2 rooms see if you can get them at least on the same floor.
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:08 PM

The airport isn't that far from "downtown".

Stay where you wish to.

Search this Thread