Edinburgh Airport ATM locations

Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edinburgh Airport ATM locations

If you know where ATMs are located in the Edinburgh airport, please tell me where they are. In particular, I am looking for a Barclay's ATM.

If no Barclay's, then any ATM will do.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:13 PM

http://tinyurl.com/269dxu

Have you thought of leaving the BoA for a decent bank?
Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM

Barclays is an English bank so there are not nearly as many branches in Scotland as south of the border.

On the Barclays website there is a cash machine (ATM) locator ( http://www.multimap.com/clients/plac...lient=barclays ), which shows that there is a Cash Express machine near the Currency exchange desk in the International arrivals hall, which Barclays cardholders can use free of charge.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:26 PM

<<< which Barclays cardholders can use free of charge. >>>

All the ATMs in the UK that are run by banks / building societies / supermarkets or are found in train stations / airports / shopping areas don't charge to use them are free to use

The only charges are from YOUR bank

Old May 4th, 2007, 01:02 AM

alanRow I don't quite understand your last message!
Old May 4th, 2007, 03:07 AM

In the US it is common for the owner of the ATM (eg bank) to charge for using their ATM if you aren't a customer of that bank.

In the UK this doesn't happen unless it's a privately run ATM like you find in small shops, pubs or petrol stations. In thse cases you'll be told what the charge is before withdrawing money.
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

I unfortunately understand Alan's comment all too well. BOA slaps me with a $5 US fee for using my atm/debit card off net.

Yes, Alan, I have considered leaving BOA, but other US banks have equal problems.

I was also with Wachovia, but it offered no real benefit. Same charges on using a credit card, etc.

I use a Capital One credit card, and use the BOA card strictly for doomsday emergencies - like the Capital One card for some reason is not accepted.
(A rejected credit card happened to me in Paris. The waiter was making noises like an overheated tea kettle.)

Alan understood that I wanted Barclays because it is an affilitate of BOA and I don't get slapped with the $5.00 fee for off net usage.

I asked the question because I was not sure if Barclays was very common in Scotland, i.e. I knew full well it was an English bank. (My Brown and Barr ancesters came from Scotland. So I know the idiom.)

My thanks to Hani for the info. I had looked at the Barclays web site but for some reason I did not see the atm locator map.

I do need to get that cataract fixed! Probably after I get back.

Old May 4th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Woolwich is part of the same network, and was bought by Barclays. I can use those cash machines, too.

Old May 4th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

I must say, however, that Alan did not tell me anything I did not already know, and have known for quite a few years. And I found his tone to be a bit too viperish for conviviality. It also conveyed no useful information, just petulent negativity.

Old May 4th, 2007, 11:28 AM

To Bob, there wasn't anything wrong with Alans answers, it just seems your question was rather silly in the first place. I mean common sense would tell you to look on Barclays site.Then you say any ATM will do, then just look around when you are there, or perhaps you havent been to an airport before? In that case my apologies.
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:17 PM
nononsense

barbarajo, What is the problem with you today?