We're just beginning to think about taking our daughters, 32 and almost 30 to Edinburgh next spring. I'm mulling May or June for the long days, although our preferred travel time is late September to mid October. We were there 35 or so years ago, and had glorious weather in May.
My late Dad was born in Edinburgh, so if they can arrange time off work it would be nice to see where they came from. Both are looking for new jobs, so it might not even happen, but I want to get things going a bit now.
The £ is so high against the Canadian dollar, so we'll be looking to economize where we can. A perusal of VRBO suggests we can get something in Old Town for a week for about £800. That translates to approximately $1700, for a 2BR apartment.
I'm drawing a blank coming up with other reputable agencies. I'm a bit frightened of AirBnB, so if anyone can advise me of good agencies or even a link to a specific apartment, that would be great.
I might be looking for the impossible, centre of city, clean, a good 2* or 3*.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Le Marche Research Help
- 2 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▶ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 3 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 4 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Greece in end October
- 7 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 12 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 13 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 14 Favorite London memories
- 15 10 Days in Austria
- 16 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 21 Norte Dame light show!
- 22 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 23 Avignon
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 8 months around Europe