Reload this Page >

eden roc hotel or bucco di bacco ,positano

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:05 AM
elle

Can anyone give me any feedback on the Eden Roc Hotel in Positano and the Bucco di Bacco. I need to decide which one to stay at. Thanks alot

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:42 AM
elle

I just posted this question. How does it move down to number 34 in such a short time? Also, does anyone out there have any feedback for me? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:30 AM
elle

ttt

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:41 AM
Tina

My experiences in Positano were at La Fenice and Villa Rosa. So my suggestion is based on hotels' location and outside appearance. Between those two, I'd vote for Bucco di Bacco. Not that there's anything wrong with Eden Roc as choice; from my limited knowledge, Bucco di Bacco seems better.<BR><BR><BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:46 PM
Jennifer

We went ahead and booked the Eden Roc for our honeymoon this August, but it makes me nervous because it is not mentioned in ANY guidebooks, nor is it often mentioned in this forum. From what I understand, Eden Roc is higher up on the cliff and Buco is lower down...depends on whether you want a better view or easier accessibility. Buco also does not have a pool. The drawbacks I've heard about (search the archives) the Eden Roc are a) a little close to the road b) not the most luxurious pool. But we are getting a King suite with a balcony, sea view and jacuzzi all for E300, which seemed pretty good to me! <BR>If anyone else out there has stayed there, please post. I could change our itinerary around to stay at the Poseidon, but ....

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:17 PM
ecl

Are you sure that Buca di Bacco does not have a pool. I didn't know that and i booked there. I find that disappointing.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:51 PM
Jennifer

I'm positive. Got this in an email from the manager: <BR><BR>&lt;&lt; Regarding the pool, we don't have one but for the beauty of the main beach of Positano and the numerous and little beaches that you can easily reach by private boats, you will not miss the pool at all.<BR> Anyway instead of the pool, we have a nice solarium located on the roof with lounge chairs and a great view on the beach and the town.&gt;&gt;

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:24 AM
elle

Thanks. I researced a place (4 star) called Punta Regina. It has a pool ana a view but I can't get much feedback from people who have stayed there.<BR>R

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:06 AM
sara

Elle:<BR><BR>Looked up your hotel as I'd not heard of it before --- http://www.venere.com/cgi/hotels/pgweb.php?ref=1210&tp=t81&htid=137703&webserver=ht tp%3A%2F%2Fwww.venere.com&html=0&lg=en&tf=index.ph p<BR><BR>Listed on the venere.com website; they said that it opened up 2000/2001 after renovations (formerly an "ancient" pensione). As it's fairly new that may be the reason you're having difficulty finding commentary. Looking at their website, it sounds quite attractive.

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:12 PM
elle

thanks for your help