Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Ed@twenj? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/ed-twenj-200066/)

Gerry Oct 27th, 2001 01:33 PM

Ed@twenj?

What is "the sad news" about Ed@twenj? Sorry I can't seem to find this. As far as I can tell he hasn't posted since 9/8. My favorite poster. My Rome trip wouldn't have been the same without him. I miss his posts. <BR>Does anyone know? <BR> <BR>Gerry

xxx Oct 27th, 2001 02:15 PM

I didn't see any mention of sad news. Where?

Maira Oct 27th, 2001 02:23 PM

Last Christmas I sent Ed a Christmas note and mentioned that me and my sister, a cancer survivor, were really looking forward to our trip to Rome (his website was extremely helpful during the planning). He mentioned his own ongoing battle with cancer and a new round of treatment. I truly believed his participation on this forum and the anticipation of helping others on their trips plans brought him a lot of satisfaction. He is sadly missed.

Gerry Oct 27th, 2001 02:26 PM

I was wondering why he hadn't been posting here lately. So, I went to his web-site. In the Guest Book section there are several messages of condolences. But, there is no explanation I can find. <BR>Anybody?

wendy Oct 27th, 2001 02:28 PM

I would be very interested in Ed's website address. My mom is currently battling cancer and there may be some good advice from Ed. Does anyone have it handy?

Gerry Oct 27th, 2001 02:31 PM

Wendy: <BR>[email protected]. It says nothing about cancer. <BR>I,too, am a cancer survivor but had no idea that Ed may have had this problem.

In sympathy Oct 27th, 2001 04:21 PM

someone who knows how to drag up his postings-as a memorial from us.

xx Oct 27th, 2001 04:29 PM

I'm so sad to hear this new. Ed's website and comments to this site have helped me plan two trips to Europe. He will be missed by many. My condolences to his family and friends.

fiona Oct 27th, 2001 04:44 PM

very sad news. His contributions will be missed. My condolences to his family.

Gerry Oct 27th, 2001 04:45 PM

xxx: <BR>Thank you for finding that information for us. He will truely be missed.

s.fowler Oct 27th, 2001 05:21 PM

His website is at http://twenj.com/ <BR> <BR>Thank you so much Ed for your love of travel and for sharing with us. You are missed.

anon Oct 27th, 2001 05:25 PM

I am hardly worthy to eulogize Ed - - who among us is? - - and adding my name to this is unnecessary. <BR> <BR>I feel very privileged to have been able to renew a little bit of correspondence with Ed earlier this month, as he shared with me his reasons - - outlined in a letter to Danny Mangin at Fodors.com - - for deciding that he did not expect to come back to the forum. <BR> <BR>I knew that we would all miss him then, but I couldn't bring myself to believe that it would really be forever. <BR> <BR>A really great point of light has gone out from our "cieli" here on this forum. Hope we can collectively restore some fraction of what is now gone. <BR> <BR>My very best wishes... <BR> <BR>Bye, Ed. <BR>

mimi taylor Oct 27th, 2001 05:26 PM

another poster missing one of our most valued contributors. I light a candle in memory of our loving traveler <BR>

Howard Oct 27th, 2001 05:49 PM

Ed, indeed, will be missed. The forum has lost one of its best and most knowledgeable participants....and one of the most willing to share his expertise.

BillJ Oct 27th, 2001 06:26 PM

I never got around to emailing Ed and Julie to thank them for the info which is really helping me with my upcoming first trip to Switzerland. I intend to be in Muerren, Ed, and I'll lift a toast to you. Me thinks you'll know me, even though I'm just one of countless that you never knew, but felt we knew you. God bless you Ed. God bless you Julie.

Cindy Oct 27th, 2001 06:48 PM

Aw, gee. This is really sad. I had no idea. <BR> <BR>I was wondering where Ed has been lately. I used to enjoy his posts, especially those where he strayed off travel a bit. He was a very thoughtful and articulate Fodorite. I'll miss him, too.

Boomerbabe Oct 27th, 2001 07:03 PM

I'll always remember Ed for being helpful, and generous with his great knowledge of travel. Fodor's has lost a genuine travel expert.

Holly Oct 27th, 2001 11:39 PM

So beautiful. <BR>So true.

Paige Oct 28th, 2001 12:20 AM

How sad. I was wondering where he had been. His website helped me dozens of times.

Sheila Oct 28th, 2001 12:46 AM

I'm very sorry, Julie, for you loss; it's our loss too, and we'll share your grief a little