Ed & Julie [ Twenj] site news

Jan 6th, 2002, 10:38 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Ed & Julie [ Twenj] site news

I am happy to report that I have just spoken with Julie and their wonderful site should be back online in the next few days. Their domain name apparently lapsed and was taken by some Hong Kong web site. However, Julie has given the content to a KC company called Computech and they are in the process of renaming it and getting it back online. The new name may be the literal " Traveling with Ed& Julie.com" but that is not certain. Stay tuned---the good news is that Ed will still live via his passion and great work effort.

Jan 6th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Art

That is great news Bob. Thank you for following up on it.

Jan 6th, 2002, 10:50 AM
kavey

Gosh, that other company must have been waiting desperately for the name to become available.
I notice there is already a site up at www.twenj.com (or am I misremembering the Ed & Julie URL?).

Thanks Bob for letting us know that Julie plans to keep the site up so that many more can share the wonderful information Ed collated from their travels.

Kavey

Jan 6th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Rex

Despite the timelessness of Ancient Rome and the Alps, travel info is only as good as it is fresh. The Ed'n'Julie site was only as good as was their (his?) devotion (and it truly was monumental) - - to keeping it up. That's why it was not such a simple/trivial proposal that Bob or someone "take it over".

At least for some foresseable future, maybe a few of "us" (if I belong to that "us") can pledge a certain amount of effort to continue gathering and contributing fresh info - - to keep it even vaguely close to the high standard it had during Ed's life.

Best wishes - - with thanks to Bob, and continuing empathy for Julie...

Rex

Jan 6th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Carin

Thanks, Bob!
Topping for all

Jan 6th, 2002, 01:30 PM
A.M.

Thanks Bob. Thanks Julie and God bless you ED.
A.M.

Jan 6th, 2002, 02:02 PM
nancy

Thanks Bob for the good news.
Sad enough that Ed died.
But to "lose" all that valuable , interesting info they had compiled would have been another tragedy.
I hope that Julie is taking care of herself, and is doing as well as one can be expected to be doing at a time like this.
aging, thanks for passing on the good news.

Jan 6th, 2002, 03:50 PM
MaryC

Bob the Nav, thank you for the update. I look forward to perusing the site once again.

Jan 7th, 2002, 06:28 AM
michelle

Thank you, Bob!

Ed and Julie's site was such a great resource for me when I was planning my trip last year. I am so glad that the site will be back online and I can again share it with other travelers.

Jan 7th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Art

Topping for Bobbie.

Jan 7th, 2002, 09:32 AM
bobbie

Thanks Art!

Jan 7th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Frank

Sorry to see Julie lose that "historic" web address. Doing a check of available names, the following are available.

twenj.biz
twenj.info
twenj.tv
twenj.org
twenj.ws
twenj.cc
twenj.bz

Looking forward to it's return.

Jan 7th, 2002, 10:49 AM
JOdy

MAny Thanks Bob.. Hope you keep us posted on the new site address!

Jan 9th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Rex

Any news, Bob?

Jan 9th, 2002, 07:38 PM

to the top

Jan 9th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Capo

Thanks for the great news about the eventual return of their website, Bob. I was especially interested to check it out again when I returned from Christmas vacation since I was fortunate to visit one of the four places they talked about on their site: Ouray, Colorado, in the San Juan Mountains (which is every bit as beautiful as they said it was.)

Too bad they lost the easy-to-remember domain name, and it's interesting that the new twenj.com is also a travel site.

Jan 16th, 2002, 08:54 AM

????

Jan 16th, 2002, 11:09 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Sorry, I have no news yet.

Jan 16th, 2002, 11:14 AM
amy

Thank you, Bob. This family owes two magical trips to Rome and to Switzerland to the suggestions listed on that site. Sympathy and appreciation to Julie--may Ed's work live on.

Jan 18th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Capo

Topping for M & J's question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO