Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

EconomyCarRentals . com - What were your experiences?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This company has great rates for car rentals in Croatia. Rates include taxes, insurance and cross border card for Bosnia and Montenegro, plus they will deliver the car to our hotel. Sounds a little good to be true. Any first hand experience? Anything I should watch out for? Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 06:42 AM

Used them in Greece several times with no problems at all. A search on here should find several topics concerning Economy Car Rentals.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 07:30 AM

We used them in Turkey with no problem at all. They picked up our car at the hotel at the end of the trip, and were delivering another one to someone else at the same time.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, this is what I needed to read. I'll book them today...
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 08:25 AM

I used them in Greece last spring. Best price I found.

But one thing you need to be aware of is you are not actually getting your car from EconomyCarRentals... they are a consolidator and your car will actually be supplied by one of many different rental firms.

In my case it was Avis.

Rob

Old Jan 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM

"They" in my statement was the actual rental agency. Just confirming that Economy Rentals is only a consolidator.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Booked a car through them in Portugal in June. They placed us with Sixt. I would use them again. Great price and no excess.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 09:40 AM

I'll ditto experience with them in Turkey. Pirce was right , no problems. And yes, they are not a car rental company, just a consolidator
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

As a follow up, we had a really good experience and would not hesitate to use them again.
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:23 PM

We used economycarrentals in Croatia and had a totally positive experience. I'd recommend them.
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 07:10 AM

We used EconomyCarRentals in Croatia. They (or actually HM cars) brought the car to the docks in Split. However, we needed to prompt them by cell phone. (There was a little confusion about the pickup time as we spent several hours in Split after arriving by catamaran.)

We dropped the car at the Pula airport.

In general, their prices were very reasonable, and the car was fine. I'd use them again.

One caveat: they offered no automatic transmission options; you have to be able to drive a manual.
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 08:05 AM

We rented a car from them as it provided the excess waiver included (so no need for extra car insurances). However, when my family arrived at the airport, the local car provider convinced us that there was not extra excess waiver included and made us paid for another one. When I complained to the company, they simply said we should have not paid for the extra waiver, but would not refund it. It is unfair to have local providers convincing you to buy extra insurance that you have already paid for.
Will never use again!
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 08:39 AM

Traveller78. Which car rental company did you actually get placed with? I do not feel that it is fair to fault the broker because the rental car company convinced you to pay for extra insurance. Their job is to sell all the extras that they can.
It really is your responsibility to know and understand what coverage you already have. You cannot expect Economy Car Rental to pay for another insurance when they have already provided you with coverage.
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 04:36 AM

I appreciate the recent comments from those who have reported their experience with damage claims. We've used ECR in several European countries but never had reason to submit a claim. I hope our good luck continues this May in Spain but it's good to know ECR supports its' clients regardless of which rental company has the contract. Deborah
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 08:10 AM

ECR has a good reputation, but people may think otherwise when they see several fake posts from first time posters. Advertising is not permitted and only damages a company in the long run.
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM

We used them in Croatia without any problems and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. They brought the car to our hotel in Dubrovnik, and we signed all of the paperwork on the spot. Super easy. My only complaint, although minor, was that the car was given to us with less than a quarter tank of gas. We decided to wait and get gas once out of Dubrovnik and that was mistake. Luckily we found a gas station, but we were pretty low by that point.

I would use them again in a heartbeat!
Tracy
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 07:11 AM

<i>I purchased extra Full insurance for BMW3 locally with Avis (Super Cover 367.20 for 21 day)</i>

I do not understand. Economycarrentals advertises <b>no excess</b>, i.e. deductible.
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 06:34 AM

I have used them a few times without complaint but I dislike fake posts. Will take my business elsewhere in future.
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM

I rest my case!
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 04:47 AM

we were very pleased with Economy Car Rental; picked one up in Split at the docks, returned it to the airport. Drove 435 miles, took three car ferries, went to Montenegro and Bosnia, too. Our care was a Skoda Otavia. Very good experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -