Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

eatmyhandbagbitch is only open on appointment now... (a few weird things to do in London, right now..)

Search

eatmyhandbagbitch is only open on appointment now... (a few weird things to do in London, right now..)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:29 AM
HRH SBP

quelle dommage!<BR><BR>you can still find the stuff at<BR><BR>www.eatmyhandbagbitch.co.uk<BR><BR>am in London, quick business trip, thought someone here might be interested in what I am finding...<BR><BR>right across the street from eatmyhandbagbitch is the Body Worlds exhibit. If you go on timeout.com you will likely see reference to it. also, www.bodyworlds.com<BR><BR>the main gist of this exhibit is basically like conducting autopsies/dissections like in med school - but it's already been done, the people are preserved for your inspection. the Professor uses plastination, which I believe he developed..<BR><BR>very interesting, but if you are really squeamish... the things which really got to me are the HAIR which is still attached to many of the bodies (including eyelashes).. and the preserved babies (including one of a woman, 8 months pregnant, reclining, with the baby still in her womb). this is all meant to be for scientific purposes but still, ICK. <BR><BR>to a better topic:<BR><BR>naturally the Queen Mum is in every single paper, and I went out to Windsor Castle yesterday to lay flowers for her and sign the condolence book. I believe she is being transported into London today, and will lie in state Friday - Monday.<BR><BR>for anyone who will be traveling here soon - the weather has been great and promises to get even better. the weather forecast is for sun and warm-ish (17-18 degrees celsius)<BR><BR>enjoy!!<BR><BR>HRH<BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:58 AM
Laura

Very interesting report, HRH, thank you! <BR><BR>Waiting for more reports......

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:14 AM
mark

Eatmyhandbagbitch has great stuff - if you like that Wallpaper look. And the name is brilliant.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:09 AM
scarlett

Honey Chile*<BR>I LOVED your weird doings in London -wish my Yankee and I could get out of here for a few days and see this stuff in person!<BR>Take care,be safe, TTFN~Scarlett

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:36 PM
cyndy

What a great store! thanks for the website.