Eating beef in france - A scare or real?

Jun 19th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Marty

Eating beef in france - A scare or real?

What's the deal with this Mad Cow business? Is it something we have to be afraid of or is it being blown out of proportion.

I love beef and the way the French prepare it is beyond description. What a pity to do without when it isn't necessary.

Does anybody have the real facts on this issue?

Jun 20th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Mathieu

What do you mean by "it is beyond description" the way we prepare beef in France? I'm from the countryside, maybe I can help clarify this?

Jun 20th, 2001, 07:41 AM
Linda

Mathieu, I think Marty meant that the taste is so heavenly that it is beyond description. (It was a compliment, not a put down, is the way I read it.)
Marty, don't worry about Mad Cow disease. Millions of French people eat beef every day and as far as I know only one (and maybe not even that--I forget) has dropped over dead from it. Eat--enjoy! If you are still concerned, do a search on this forum for Mad Cow disease; it has been discussed in detail. General consensus is not to worry. Your chances of getting it are about one in a zillion, certainly less than getting hit by a truck in your own hometown. Have fun!

Jun 20th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Paulo

Marty, your chance of getting the desease is less than winning the big lottery price two times in a row ...

Paulo

Jun 20th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Betty Crock

Under no circumstances should you eat any locally prepared food while in Europe - I suggest you bring along Ritz Crackers and cans of Cheeze Whiz.

Jun 22nd, 2001, 05:04 AM
frank

You have come to the right place, just ignore the doctors.
The French are all going to die.
Be sensible & stick to crackers.And be sure to bring bottled water.