Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Easyjet luggage limit? Can we bring more? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/easyjet-luggage-limit-can-we-bring-more-151279/)

Ada Jan 8th, 2003 12:47 PM

Easyjet luggage limit? Can we bring more?

Hello! I'll be flying a couple trips w/ Easyjet in Feb for business and has to bring more than 1 check-in luggage. I've looked at the website already, and it states one (small) carry-on and one check-in (20kg). Has anyone have any experience brining excess baggages w/ Easyjet? Thank you for your help!

jake Jan 8th, 2003 12:57 PM

The website also states that the maximum hold baggage for each passenger is 50 kg, and that anything over 20 kg is charged at the rate of £4 or euro6.50 per kilogram.

xxx Jan 8th, 2003 05:10 PM

Okay - I've seen this asked before and no one answers it except with the website info!!<BR>Does anyone have any personal experience with this policy? That seems like a lot of extra$ for the baggage. Maybe there's a per piece charge?<BR>

Tanya Jan 8th, 2003 05:37 PM

Yes, they charged us a fortune. they were very strict and unpleasant about it

Ada Jan 8th, 2003 09:15 PM

Thanks for those who replied!<BR>Anyone else please? How how much and how unpleasant?<BR>Thanks for your help!

curious Jan 9th, 2003 12:06 AM

Why would you value an anonymous anecdote more than the policy which is clearly defined on their website? Someone could post 10 separate messages here saying they had no problems whatsoever but that wouldn't make it true.

chris Jan 9th, 2003 12:27 AM

From personal experience-there have been times when I've been up to 3 bags per person and 25kgs over the 20 limit (when I was moving between countries 3 years ago the fee was only 1gbp per kilo) when I was charged nothing (in Amsterdam), then on the next flight (in Luton after visiting family) charged the overweight fee for the same luggage. And also on other occasions with varying amounts of over pieces/weight when I've not been charged (as recently as December when I was 5kgs over in Luton). It seems to depend on how full the flight is, and it seems you are more likely to be charged at the Luton Hub then at other locations.

jen Jan 9th, 2003 12:38 AM

My father just flew easyjet roundtrip from Amsterdam to Geneva with a carry-on, a heavy (25kg?) duffel bag and a pair of skis. No charge, no trouble. Might have been luck.

marcia Jan 9th, 2003 01:40 AM

On a recent flight, our family of four had one extra bag (not a very big one either) which we had to pay dearly for.

Siobhan Jan 9th, 2003 05:24 AM

I just came back from Paris to Dublin on Ryanair and they have the same policy. My partner was having a fit as he thought we would be charged (we bought a lot of pressies and clothes back). It was way over and very heavy....we did not get charged and the flight was packed. I think it's the luck of the draw and who you get at the check in.

jkd Jan 9th, 2003 08:09 AM

I'm still confused...Can I check more than one bag and not be charged if the weight is under 20 kg.

ggg Jan 9th, 2003 08:41 AM

For God's sake pack no more than it is allowed or be prepared to pay. Like some one said <BR>Why would you value an anonymous anecdotes more than the policy which is clearly defined on their website?

Ada Jan 9th, 2003 09:04 AM

Thanks for all those replied!<BR>I just want to have an idea! I'm prepared to pay!<BR>It's for business, so I'll have to bring the items! Thanks for the warnings! Wish me luck then!