Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Easyjet from Paris to Pisa in May. How soon will tickets be available?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip in May to Paris, and then from Paris to Pisa, one way, using Easyjet. Easyjet website only accepts reservations up to March 2007. It has remained so for quite awhile now. Anyone know how far in advance they open up reservations? I would like to book car rental, but I was waiting until flight confirmed. It does appear all their Saturday flights(our departure day)depart at approximately the same time. Do you think it would be safe to go ahead and book the rental car using that arrival time? Would appreciate your comments.
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 01:01 PM

Have you signed up for EasyJet e-mail alerts? If not, do so because you'll be e-mialed when the Summer schedule is about to open.

I would go ahead and book the rental car. I would asume you aren't going to be out anything if you arrive later, or probably even earlier and if you are using a wholesaler such as AutoEurope you could ask them (or any rental agency for that matter) if a few hours one way or the other is actually going to make any difference in the rates.
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 01:04 PM

Last year all three Easy Jet summer flights I booked opened up the first week of December and I booked right away. Some destinations open up earlier than others.
You can register on the Easy Jet site and you will be notified in advance of the start of summer sales.

I'd assume you can change or cancel the car reservation if need be, so I wouldn't worry if that's the case. But honestly, I've never seen car rentals that didn't come down within 6 months or more of the schedule. I certainly would never commit to a car rental contract this far out!
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 01:05 PM

Easyjet tend to release their new timetables over a period of several days

As Dukey says, sign up to get e-mails from them

I'd also suggest setting up an e-mail account just for receiving such e-mails, just to keep it away from your personal stuff

As for the car, I'd wait just in case Easyjet withdraw the route - it has been known
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. I will register on Easyjet website. Also, I will wait until the end of the year if there is a chance the car rental rates may decrease. Thanks again!
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 02:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
dear ninosgirl - you've had good advice. The new timetables tend to be released at seemingly random times, and routes change times or even get cancelled. THere's no need to book a car this far in advance anyway - a month or so should do.
good luck!