Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

easy way to tell all direct flights from your home airport, one airline or more?

Search

easy way to tell all direct flights from your home airport, one airline or more?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what is the easiest way to learn what direct and non stop flights your nearest airport offers, by airline? Internet searchs I know of, always have you enter your destination. Example philadelphia/europe. i know one or two of the non-stops, but how could i learn what all are available by airline? I did a few searches on talk using "direct" and "home airport" but didn't easily find an archive post. thanks.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 11:52 AM

try oag - official airline guide. you will probably have to pay for it but the other option is to download each airline's schedule from their website, ptint it and then scan.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM

Try to find your airport's website. There should be a link to direct flights to & from there. New Orleans has one but it's extremely hard to find, you can't get to it from the home page. You have to do a site search.

I've had to resort to different airports' websites often to find the best routes when I'm trying to find flights with a particular connecting city.

Failing that, if you know what airlines service your airport, you can usually pull up a route map from the airlines website.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
http://www.oag.com/NorthAmerica/Airl...estination.asp
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 12:51 PM

Gardyloo, that is a great tip! What a useful website. thanks!
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 01:27 PM

SWEEEEETTT!
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM

I've used the OAG, but also if you go into a good airline search tool such as kayak.com or itasoftware.com and just limit the selections to nonstops, it will show them -- but you have to have a particular city picked out to do that. My local airports' website does also list them all, and has a map.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 02:48 PM

Also with Kayak.Com, you can ask it to search for flights from airports near your initial city. For instance, if I begin with PHL (Philly) as a beginning airport, it will ask if I want to also check flights from Allentown, BWI, and NYC airports.

Doing it this way, I found a great price on a flight from JFK to FRA. By renting a car one-way coming and going between PHL and JFK, I saved several hundred dollars (yes, including drop-off fees, gasoline, and tolls).
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 04:07 PM

I tried that OAG and it gave me 3 direct flights from MCO to CDG and Brussels...then I tried the airlines listed and they said NO WAY! The only direct flights to Europe from MCO website were London, Manchester, Glasgow and Amsterdam.

Maybe I did something wrong...but I don't think so.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just start on Expedia, specifying non-stop flights between my home airport and a couple major cities I'm interested in.