Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Easy-Jet, Go-Fly, or Ryanair - which is the cheapest & easiest?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 09:24 AM
Steve

I want to fly out of London into Glasgow & am wondering which of these airlines (Easy-Jet, Ryanair, Go-Fly) is the easiest to get to, fly on, & cheapest. Any bad experiences with any of these airlines? Any information you have will help! Thanks!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 09:45 AM
elvira

Each has its own promotions at any given time (like £1 to fly London&gt;Dublin); I always check their individual websites to find out who's got a bargain for my flight. <BR> <BR>I've flown Easy-Jet and Ryanair; cheap, efficient, no-frills, pretty much on time.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:28 AM
Gregory

Steve, <BR> <BR>Easyjet fly from London Luton airport ( North of London-you can get there by bus or Thameslink train to the station then get a free shuttle bus) <BR> <BR>Go & Ryanair both fly from London Stansted ( 45 minutes by Stansted express train from London Liverpool street station) <BR> <BR>Easyjet & Go both fly into Glasgow airport around 8 miles west of the city centre. <BR> <BR>Ryanair goes to Prestwick airport near Ayr ( 45mins by train) . A booth normally sales cheap tickets by rail on arrival at Prestwick. The station is linked by a covered walkway and you arrive at Glasgow Central Station in the city centre.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:31 AM
Steve

Thanks Elvira for the info. Another question though???? Do you think it's better to buy over the internet before I go or to simply wait 'till the day of departure, get there early & purchase then?

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:33 AM
Steve

Thanks again Greg for the info!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:35 AM
Steve

Thanks again Gregory for your information!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:45 AM
Gregory

Steve, <BR> <BR>With these carriers it iscalmost certainly buying them in advance of travel as you will get the cheapest fares at the times you want to travel and the internet sites offer the internet discount. You will not recieve a ticket just a confirmation email. Take this with ID to check in. <BR>If you wait untill departure you are very likely to pay more compared to the any special offers on the web

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:53 AM
elvira

I agree with Gregory; buy ahead and do it over the web. You get the web discount, AND can see the best fares (I check, starting as soon as I know when I want to fly; I grab the low fare the first time it appears). <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 11:10 AM
David

I echo the comments from Greg and Elvira above. Go have a special offer on flights to Glasgow at the moment.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 03:13 PM
Steve

Thanks guys, you are very helpful!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:56 PM
steve

if you can be flexible at all, be sure to check several dates. I found a round trip ticket from gatwick to Dublin for only 4 pounds (plus tax). It was about 30 pounds more if i had gone the day before. <BR> <BR>Certainly for Ryanair you would want to book in advance as they were totally packed for my two flights

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 12:32 AM
Jenny

Hi, <BR> <BR>I've used Go most often, and find them to be about the best (but I fly from Edinburgh mostly). HOWEVER, I would say that it's not the easiest getting from Prestwick into Glasgow if you've got a lot of luggage, so personally, I wouldn't do Ryanair.....

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:03 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 11:56 AM
Ann

If you're flying with easyjet, definitely buy off the web in advance. The closer you get to the date, the higher the fares. <BR> <BR>Make SURE you write down the confirmation. I booked a couple of different flights a few weeks ago, and didn't write the number down because I've always received an e-mail from easyjet straight away. I did for one flight, not for the other. It's now been 7 days since I e-mailed easyjet, with no response.