Easy Jet Carryon luggage

Search

Easy Jet Carryon luggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2019, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy Jet Carryon luggage

I plan on carrying on a 22” suitcase on an Easy Jet flight. Their website states 22” is ok, but I am wondering if anyone has had experience with gate agents about this size. The suitcase actually is 22” from tip of wheels to handle.
I have found some old threads but looking for more recent information.
Also if gate agent makes you check it, can anyone tell me the cost?
thanks
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 07:18 PM

We have been on EasyJet many times including last fall. Gate agents normally scan luggage quickly and normally pick out the obvious stuff. Since they are always looking for volunteers for free gate check, I have often seen them allow some oversize stuff also go for free. I think the normal gate check fee for oversized stuff is 50 euros each, and it's possible you might get a strict gate agent, but yours sounds close enough not to worry too much. They have those metal containers to check luggage, but I never see them use them. Look confident, not guilty.
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 08:16 PM

Easyjet like all European companies measures in cm. Make sure the conversion is exact.

The main thing with Easyjet is one bag means one bag. If you have a purse,camera bag etc you'll need to put it into the carry on before the gate. Even if the moment you sit down you pull it back out.
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 08:45 PM

I'm sure you already have this covered, but the size limits apply to all three dimensions (56x45x25).

The strict "one piece" policy applies to those traveling on base fare.
If you add extras, like preferred seats, you can take a second, smaller "personal item" with you on board.

At the gate, not all but several boarding procedures had a bag count in place. Especially on fully booked flights.
After asking for volunteers who want to gate check their bags (for free), they start boarding with Speedy Boarding passengers first.
Then, the regular queue will be boarding.
Once they reach a certain maximum number of bags, the following passengers will have their bags checked (for free, but with no room for discussions).
So, if you wish to be 100% sure to travel with your bag in the cabin, buy Speedy boarding before you check-in. Or get in line asap at the gate (and be prepared to stand in line for half an hour).
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 09:34 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I usually book premium fares ('up front') because you get expedited boarding, a second bag, etc.
Old Apr 26th, 2019, 01:13 AM

We fly EasyJet 6-8 times a year. They are meticulous about the size of your bags and check everything. Read Cowboy's answers carefully. We almost always end up having to have our one bag (21" or smaller) checked (for free) because we are not at the head of the line. We don't find that to be much of an inconvenience.

If you end up having to pay to check a bag, the fee is 35 euros (at least that's what it was when we chose to do that on our last flight at the end of March).
Old Apr 26th, 2019, 02:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also buy the premium fare for two bags plus priority boarding. Almost every flight I have been on the storage bins have filled up and bags were put in the hold. The extra for the up-front seat is worth it to get priority boarding.
Old Apr 26th, 2019, 03:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree about Speedy Boarding and if you pay for that there is a LOT less chance of having to have THIS conversation IMO.
Old Apr 26th, 2019, 11:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I don’t think there will a problem. I will refresh my Italiano!