Below is my proposed itinerary for my spring 2006 trip. Would love to hear comments. I'm looking at this trip as sort of a sampler of several cities and will go back on a future trip for longer stays in the cities I like best. For my return trip home, I had been planning on flying Vienna-London-Houston, but now I'm wondering if I should fly from Ljublana to London, overnight there and then fly out that last day. If I fly Vienna-London-Houston on the final day, it will be a tight connection.
day 1 -arrive Prague, Czech Republic
day 2- Prague
day 3- Prague
day 4 Vienna, Austria
day 5 Vienna
day 6 Bratislava, Slovakia daytrip, return to Vienna for overnight (1.5 hour train)
day 7, 8 - Salzburg, Austria
day 9- Ljubljana, Slovenia
day 10- Bled, Slovenia daytrip (1.5 hour bus)
day 11- Zabreb, Croatia daytrip (2 hour train ride)
day 12-Piran, Slovenia, Somewhere Croatia or Trieste, Italy for daytrip which would be best/easiest?
Day 13-Figure out what city to fly home from
Day 14-fly home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 paris to london- day trip
- 4 10 days in europe
- 5 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 10 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Where to stay in Naples?
- 16 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 17 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 18 European honeymoon help needed
- 19 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 22 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 23 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 24 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 25 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg