Eastern Europe & Beyond - I'm Open for Suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for suggestions for a 4 week trip to Europe in early September. The plan is in its infancy but thinking about flying into Heathrow from Canada and staying 4 days in and around London, catch a show, do the touristy thing around the Palaces, etc. Then a flight to Prague for 4 days, rent a car or train to Slovakia, Hungry, Slovenia, Croatia - I've been to Austria, and Italy but would return if it fits the plan. I would also consider leaving Croatia and ferry to Italy to explore the Adriatic side of the Italian boot. Any trip reports you can direct me to, sites, hotels, etc.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 12:18 PM

Hi Denise...

I did a 4 week trip last September through Central Europe. Beginning in Prague and ending in Dubrovnik. I did a mixture of group tour and independent travel. Below is a link (hopefully I copied it correctly!) to the trip report I did.

I really enjoyed my 4 weeks in Central Europe and hope you do too!

http://www.tiny.cc/KtOtd
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Hi
Have you considered Poland? Especially Krakow. I've been to both Krakow and Warsaw and enjoyed them both though they are completely different. Where are you planning to visit in Hungary and Czech. Rep.? they both have some interesting and beautiful places to visit.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

I'm making changes as the day unfolds. Looks like I can get a flight out of Heathrow to Prague early morning so that will be our first stop versus London. So Prague for 4 days then.....

I tried the link LowCountryIslander but could not connect.

Poland is not on this trip probably next with Ukraine because my partner is of Ukranian descent.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 06:19 PM

Hi Denise...

Hope the new link below works this time, if not, you can click on my screen name and scroll down list of my posts and find my trip report, called 2 Low Country Gals "Czeching" Out Central Europe.

http://tinyurl.com/ynwfhq