Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
Notices

Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia

Mar 9th, 2014, 08:40 AM
jci
Original Poster

Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia

We're going to be staying in Madrid the week before Easter, and making day trips to Toledo, Avila, and Segovia Sunday April 13, Monday, April 14, and Tuesday April 15. We're not religious but are interested in seeing some of the Semana Santa events/processions. We have a 7 and 9 year old so probably won't be staying out for the late night events. We're having a hard time figuring out which day to go where, other than that we know we don't want to go to Toledo on Tuesday because the Sinagoga del Transito is closed. Is there a good source for a schedule of events? Will Toledo be too crowded on Palm Sunday? We were planning to buy train tickets a day in advance for Toledo but not Avila or Segovia - do we need them for all? thanks!
Mar 9th, 2014, 08:54 AM

I haven't been to any of these three cities during Semana Santa, but I spent the week in Málaga in 2012 and in Seville and Málaga in 2011.

If these cities are anything like Málaga or Seville, they will be very crowded, but the processions are fabulous. You'll remember them forever.

I suggest that you google Semana Santa Avila, Segovia, and Toledo, and see what the sites have to say. I found very useful information on Málaga on the web.

Search this Thread