Early Morning Transportation to Venice Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2003, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 7:20 am flight out of Vince on a Saturday morning in late November. What is the best way for me to get from my Hotel to the airport at this early hour and how much time will I need?
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had the same BA flight in August. We took the Alilaguna from the San Marco stop. It left at 4:30 and got us there in plenty of time. It took a little over an hour. You can buy the ticket right before closing time on the afternoon before (it has to be less than 12 hours in advance), but it is just as easy to buy on the boat, BUT be sure to ask for a ticket the second you get on the boat. Don't sit down first, or you will be ticketed.

The other time that I had an early morning from Venice in late November, we booked a water taxi to pick us up at 5:30. When he arrived, he informed us that the lagoon was fogged in. He could only take us to the car park area. There we had to get a land taxi with about 100 others in the same predicament, so we barely made it. Just keep an eye on the weather while you are there, and make your plan accordingly.