Advice needed please!

Search

Advice needed please!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice needed please!

We're planning a trip for a special birthday in France, the last week in May-first week in June- for 7/8 days. We have no real plan yet, but know we'd like to travel though the south of France. We've been to Paris many times, so don't need to spend more than 2 days there. We figure we'd fly into Paris, stay for 2 days then renting a car and make our way to Nice? Or vice versa? What do you suggest?

Which are your favorite small towns to stop in and or stay, on the journey?

Any itinerary suggestions or favorite experiences would be greatly appreciated! We really want to savor the beauty of France and have a special, relaxing adventure!
We also have a 1 year old

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 09:31 AM

I would not rent a car but take a train to Nice.
Fly out of Nice also if possible instead of backtracking to Paris. The rent a car in Nice.

With a one year old, we have really liked Saint-Juan les Pins or Antibes, relatively quiet, with nice beaches and easy access to wherever. From Nice you can drive to the samll villages around (Uzes, Gordes, Tourtour etcà, Monaca, Menton or Vintigmilla.

Lots of things to keep you busy in the area.
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 09:34 AM

If you have been Paris many times, have only one week, and want spend time in south of France, is it necessary to 1. fly into Paris and 2. stay in Paris yet another time?

Depending on where you are coming from, can you fly into Nice? So you might say you can fly direct to Paris but Nice? Think about over all logistics if you landed in Paris. You will have to make you self into Paris, check-in/out in Paris, which looks like just a transit stop, then rent a car to make a long trek south.
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 09:43 AM

This trip is a prime candidate for open-jaw tickets. Into Paris, out of Nice, or vice-versa.

I also would take the train unless you have a LOT more than 7/8 days. It's a long, boring drive. If you had an extra week or 10 days, there'd be lots of time for exploring along the N and D roads, but with such a short trip and such a distance, it makes little sense to drive.
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 10:03 AM

Like I stated in my e-mail to you - fly non-stip from JFK to Nice on Air France. Visit Provence first, then Nice, then fly home from Nice. 7/8 days in a very short time in the Cote d'Azur & Provence. No need to eat up a day or two going to/from Paris.

No way would I ever drive to Provence from Paris. You would be heading south with the sun in your face all the time. Good opportunity to fall asleep at the wheel.

Stu Dudley