Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Early morning arrival in Paris - what to do with our bags until hotel check-in time (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/early-morning-arrival-in-paris-what-to-do-with-our-bags-until-hotel-check-in-time-149521/)

jack Jan 7th, 2003 03:44 PM

Early morning arrival in Paris - what to do with our bags until hotel check-in time

We will be arriving at CDG at 6am, and I was wondering if hotels in Paris allow you to leave your bags with them until it is time to check in to your room. (I don't know which hotel we will be staying at yet, so I can't check with the hotel).<BR>Jack

uhoh Jan 7th, 2003 03:51 PM

Most have somewhere they can keep your bags until your room is ready. If you are traveling off-season, it is likely a room will be ready...but don't expect it.

nancy Jan 7th, 2003 03:52 PM

I'm sure every hotel will let you leave your luggage until check-in. I certainly have done that.

Myer Jan 7th, 2003 03:54 PM

I've never been to a hotel that didn't have storage ficilities for this purpose.<BR>

Fred Jan 7th, 2003 04:05 PM

Yes, your hotel will keep your bags for you until your room is ready.For more Paris information go to www.anamericaninparis.com

Bob Brown Jan 7th, 2003 05:38 PM

My experience is very similar to the others. After a 10 AM arrival at the hotel, I left my bags with the man who seemed to be jack of all trades. He understood what I needed. <BR>I think I gave him 20 francs to take the several pieces of luggage up to my room after it was ready. Then we left the hotel for a few hours and started seeing the sights. When we returned to the hotel for a brief rest after lunch, everything had been put in our rooms.<BR><BR>

elizabeth Jan 7th, 2003 05:44 PM

One suggestion - when I arrived at a similar early hour, I mentioned that I would arriving very early when I made the reservation - at that time they said they couldn't guarantee room availability but would note it. Then I sent an e-mail just as I was leaving for the airport to remind them of our early arrival in a few hours - when we arrived at the hotel at 8:30am our room was ready - due in part to the e-mail. It's worth a try as my last e-mail reached the desk staff just as people were checking out early, etc.

jack Jan 7th, 2003 06:37 PM

Thank you all for your advice. It is very comforting, as I was not looking forward to lugging our bags around paris all morning. <BR>Elizabeth, thanks for your suggestion. I will give it a try.<BR>Best wishes. Jack

Christina Jan 8th, 2003 04:08 PM

Keep in mind that it will take you at least an hour to clear customs in Paris and collect your luggage and then 30-45 mins to get into Paris depending on if you take a car or the train. Most hotels off season will have the room ready. If not they have bell hops to keep your luggage until the room is ready at better hotels. You can do the same thing if you have to check out at a specific time and have a late flight.

henrycpa91 Mar 17th, 2013 01:44 PM

Guys, anyone have experience with "VacationinParis" apartments around this same issue?

janisj Mar 17th, 2013 01:55 PM

You topped a 10+ yo thread about hotels to ask a question about ViP apartments?

AFAIK - ViP sends you the keys so you can drop your bags off and leave while it is being serviced . . .

Jean Mar 17th, 2013 02:25 PM

Why don't you ask "VacationinParis"?