Early flight out of Dublin

Old Dec 6th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early flight out of Dublin

My husband and I are visiting Belfast next May/June, but flying in and out of Dublin because it was so much less expensive. Our return flight is on Sunday 3 June at 5:45 am. As of now, we are vacating our Belfast AirBnB on Saturday the 2nd. I had planned to stay at a hotel near the Dublin airport that night and take a hotel shuttle to the airport, but I can't find a hotel with a shuttle that leaves before 4 am, and I'm concerned that will not be enough time.

So, I think our options are to still stay near the airport (lowest price I can find is $105 at a Premier Inn in Swords) - then hiring a private taxi in the middle of the night from there, since we'd prefer to leave around 3am for the airport...is it possible to get a taxi at that time out there?

Or, we can get a hotel in Dublin (everything is expensive that night - $200 or more) and take the Air Coach which runs 24/7. This would cost more but on the flip side Dublin would be more fun that last night than an airport hotel.

The only other option I can think of is to take a late bus from Belfast on the 2nd, I believe there is one at 11 that gets to the airport at 1am, then crash at the airport for a few hours if that is allowed? Normally I wouldn't even consider this, but we'd have to wake up at 2:30 or so at a hotel anyway so I'm mulling it over.

Any insights or advice on which option seems to make the most sense? Thanks!
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 10:35 AM

I would just choose a Dublin hotel and either take the Air Coach or have the hotel schedule a taxi--we did not find the cost significant.
Because of an issue we had, I looked for a hotel near the airport, but the drive is so brief anyway, staying in Dublin was fine.
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 12:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
There are hotels at the airport that you could walk to the airport from or have a taxi pick you up. That is an early flight.
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 12:34 PM

We've stayed at the Maldron Hotel right at the airport, and were quite satisfied with our stay. They had a decent restaurant, which is not always the case at airport hotels. They also were very accomodating to my daughter, travelling with a child, who arrived very early in the morning after a long flight at the beginning of our trip and had to wait six hours for us, who were arriving from Italy. They rented her a room for half a day at a reasonable price, so she could rest and shower.
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I didn't realize some of the hotels were walkable. The Maldron is $219 (eek) and the lowest price of the 2 that appear to be in walking distance. Maybe that is the best option since we don't have to deal with the Air Coach.