Early December Budget Travel Southern Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there. I am stumped. I am looking for ideas about traveling with my 9-year-old son Dec 1-7, leaving Copenhagen and flying to? I am on a budget and time constraint to return to Copenhagen for a wedding. I don't want to waist the time in Europe by only going to one country. I had thought Greece for the opportunity to see the Mediterranean, but after reading reviews I can see it might be a bad idea. Is Spain or Italy reasonable? I am looking for inexpensive, historical, folk, foodie experiences, which won't bore a young boy. I am not into fancy or chain hotels. I sadly only speak English and a little Mexican espanol.

Ideas? Thoughts?

THANK YOU!
Old Oct 10th, 2015, 02:52 PM

Yes, go to Southern Spain. Should be plenty of cheap flights from Copenhagen to Malaga. Go to Granada, Cordoba, and Seville. Use the bus which is cheaper than other transport. Spain is reasonably priced, and you'll get to see the Med !
Old Oct 10th, 2015, 03:11 PM

Southern Italy, particularly Campania is great for a 9 year old. Vesuvius, Naples, Pompeii, islands and some great museums that definitely are not boring.
Fly into Naples. Early December will bring rock bottom cheap hotels as well.
Old Oct 10th, 2015, 03:18 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I visited Malta in early December and recommend it. Good weather, unique and very inexpensive, discounts off already low hotel rates that time of year. English spoken everywhere.
Old Oct 10th, 2015, 04:32 PM

Spain is one of the least expensive countries in europe and if you head for the southern part the weather should be comfortable. Not sure about flights from Copenhagen to Seville or Malaga - but there is plenty to keep you occupied in that part of the country in the time that you have.

Note that it is NOT warm enough for swimming but should be pleasant during the day and your son able to run around.

And you little Spanish should be plenty to get around - in larger towns there will be a lot of english speakers.
Old Oct 10th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

wow. Thank you everyone!
Old Oct 10th, 2015, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
4 hour flights to Southern Spain @ approx. $350 each, is this within your budget? Perhaps you'd like to state the general budget that you want to work with for the trip. I assume that you cannot leave Copenhagen until Dec 1st, and must return on Dec 7.....so you have really 5 days for touring (not including the flight days)?