Reload this Page >

Earl's Court- London Housing Options

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Shelby

I am thinking about staying in cheaper hotel in Earl's Court. Has anyone stayed in that area? Is it nice, accessible? Is Paddington better? Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 04:58 PM
ingrid

A long time ago I stayed in the hostel in Earl's Court where thieves cut our our side window of the car and took our briefcase with our vacation films plus several book in Middle High German (studying for finals). However, being true gentlemen (?) they tossed the briefcase in a basement stairwell about 50 yards from our car.<BR>Seriously, we found the area nice and fairly easy to get to all the main sights.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Q.P.

I, too, stayed in a cheap hotel in Earl's Court a long time ago. Pretty miserable, and I found the area tawdry, though it may have improved by now. But if you're looking for cheap London lodging you don't have to feel restricted to one area, especially in the summer when university halls are available; there are a number of these in Bloomsbury, for instance.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Greg

Shelby, <BR><BR>We stayed in a nice hotel in Eal's Court the Fall of 2001. The area was very peaceful and accessable to all of London. Some people feel the area is not a safe place to stay, but that was not our experience. I guess it depends on what you are use to and expect. We stayed at the Hotel Buosi. Nothing fancy, but it was comfortable. Have a good trip.<BR><BR>Greg<BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Mel

I think Earl's Court has undergone a gentrification process in the last ten years. I've been staying there the last few and really like it's accessability to Knightsbridge and South Ken (walking). Stayed at the Burns Hotel, which is on a nice residential street just around the corner from the tube stop. Nice, clean, good service. We'll stay there again.<BR><BR>One thing the area lacks, IMO, is restaurants. But since getting around London is so easy, eating in different locations is a fun part of travel.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 12:30 PM
sarah

I'd advise NOT booking the Burns Hotel's discounted rooms that they advertise widely on the internet via sities like hotel-connect.com ... the hotel itself is OK, but the "discounted" rooms are in the basement and in the summer, you will die of asphyxiation as you can't keep the window open.