Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Duplicate Question from Airline Board to Europe forum (because your board is not asleep!)

Search

Duplicate Question from Airline Board to Europe forum (because your board is not asleep!)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgive me for posting this on the "wrong" board, but I have peeked in on this forum and it seems that some of you, at least, are either pilots or former pilots. You may be able to answer my question:
I am trying to make plans to fly from the east coast to Los Angeles. The ITA software shows a great flight to San Francisco via a two hour LAX layover. What happens if I fly to Los Angeles and simply get off the plane there? No checked luggage, obviously. But would I have to let the airline know I wasn't traveling on because of some "problem"? Yes, before you say anything, I know airlines do not condone this practice. But they should realize that, if a person can save $100 off the cost of a flight by not even taking the last leg, somebody's going to try it. The question is, how much trouble does it cause? "

"
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 09:03 PM

Would this be your first portion of your flight? Will you have a round trip ticket to fly home to the east coast from the west coast? Or is the ticket from the east coast to the west coast going to be a one way ticket?
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Original Poster

thank heavens someone is up. Thank you, because I need to buy this ticket tonight, if I am going to. No, this is the last leg of the trip, so I wouldn't be nabbed on the way back. But I don't want to do this if it will cause some kind of security tag on my name because I got off a plane and didn't continue.
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 11:30 PM

Hopefully you have now read the responses on your other thread.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Yes, thanks.